Registration Instructions for 2018 LDS Regional Scout Camp
For a successful registration experience, follow these instructions carefully.
Older youth can be nominated to be part of the special Eagle Corps leadership program. The Eagle Corps takes an active role during flag ceremonies and campfires, and teaches merit badges alongside experienced instructors. Learn more about the Eagle Corps program.
Updated: November 30, 2017
- Camp registration will open on or about January 1, 2018.
- Merit badge registration will begin Sunday, June 10, 2018, at 6:30PM EDT.
- Scoutmasters, you are responsible for registering yourselves, your Scouts, and the adult leaders in your troop. If desired, you may delegate this responsibility to another person by contacting us. Please DO NOT share your username and password with anyone else.
- Each Scoutmaster must be invited to create a personal account under his own email address. To receive an invitation, please contact your stake scouting coordinator.
- Scoutmasters should ensure their Stake Scouting Coordinator has their correct email address. Email will be the primary means of activating an account on ldscamp.org.
- Scoutmasters MUST NOT give Scouts or parents their password. Parents and other leaders will be given the opportunity to create their own accounts on ldscamp.org.
- Every adult registered for camp must have a valid email address. Every Scout must have at least one parent or guardian with a valid email address.
- Every registered camper must have on record a valid date of birth. This information is needed for certain activities with age restrictions. On the registration report, "Age" reflects the age of the person on the first day of camp, not their current age.
- Scoutmasters will receive an email invitation to begin registration. Sign in to ldscamp.org and choose a password. Under the "Camp" menu, select "Register for Camp". On the roster, select "Add Personnel."
- On the next screen, you choose whether this camper has attended camp at any time in the past. Importing campers from previous years saves you time and allows us to provide you with a complete advancement history for that camper.
- Enter the camper's name and date of birth. You'll answer different questions based on whether the camper is 18 years of age on the first day of camp.
- Select the Troop, Position, Shirt size, and Rank (youth only). If a youth is a Life or Eagle Scout, he can be nominated for the Eagle Corps.
- Enter the camper's contact information. For youth, include the parent's email address. We'll invite the camper (or parent of a camper, if a youth) to create an account on ldscamp.org, so make sure the email address is correct. Note that when importing a camper, you cannot change their email address if they have already created an account on ldscamp.org.
- For adults, enter the date they completed BSA Youth Protection Training. This training is required for all adults and can be received at my.scouting.org.
- If an adult is only attending part of the week, check each night the adult will be staying overnight. If an adult is attending every night, you may leave this section blank. Youth can only be registered for a full week.
- Comments may be entered to provide the camp staff with additional information on this participant.
- After reviewing all information, click "Register." An email will be sent to the camper inviting them to create an account on ldscamp.org
- As you register each individual, you need to nominate individuals for Eagle Corps and merit badge counselors, when appropriate. You will need to re-nominate individuals each year.
- After you complete registration, you can make changes to the Eagle Corps and Merit Badge Counselor nominations by selecting Eagle Corps under the "Camp" menu, or Nominate a Merit Badge Counselor under the "Merit Badges" menu.
- When you have finished registering everyone, click on the Full Report button to generate the registration report. This report will show everyone from your unit who is registered for camp. Review the information for accuracy. Merit badge counselors and Eagle Corps will show the full fee until they are accepted by the Camp Director. Once they are accepted to teach, their fees will be reduced. Prior to sending in your registration fees, view your registration report one last time to be sure to get the correct fee.
- Information for Personnel, Merit Badge Counselors and Eagle Corps can be changed at any time by returning to the appropriate page, modifying the information listed and clicking on the "Save" button. Note that you cannot change a camper's email address once they have created an account on ldscamp.org.
- Once a person is accepted as a merit badge counselor or as Eagle Corps, they can only be deleted by the Camp Director. This is because they have been assigned and are expected to teach a class. Email the Camp Director to have a person removed.
- Camp fees for 2018:
- Early registration discounts apply to individuals registered online by 11:59pm Apr 29, 2018 along with fees postmarked by May 1, 2018. All registrations after Apr 29 will pay the regular rate.
- Scout — $260.00 [$280.00 after Apr 29]
- Eagle Corps — $160.00 [$180.00 after Apr 29]
- Adults — not teaching MB — $140.00 [$140.00 after Apr 29]
- Staff, Scoutmasters and MB Counselors — $50.00 [$50.00 after Apr 29]
- Adult Daily Rate — $35.00
- Checks for registration fees should be mailed to the Camp Director. Registration fee payments must be postmarked by May 1, 2018 to qualify for the early registration discount. Make checks payable to Short Hills 1st Ward. Send payment to:
LDS Regional Scout Camp
35 Old Oak Road
Summit, NJ 07901
- Please refer to the separate instructions regarding medical forms and physical exams.
- Please refer to the separate instructions regarding merit badge registration.