Registration Instructions for 2019 LDS Regional Scout Camp
For a successful registration experience, follow these instructions carefully.
Camp registration will open on or about January 21, 2019. Merit badge registration will begin Sunday, June 9, 2019, at 6:30PM EDT.
Older youth can be nominated to be part of the special Eagle Corps leadership program. The Eagle Corps takes an active role during flag ceremonies and campfires, and teaches merit badges alongside experienced instructors. Learn more about the Eagle Corps program.
Create an account
- Scoutmasters are responsible for registering all the Scouts and adult leaders in the troop.
- Scoutmasters must create an account on ldscamp.org to register for camp. To receive an invitation, please contact us and provide your unit number, council, ward, and stake (or, if not LDS, your chartering organization).
- If this is your first time registering on ldscamp.org, you must still request a new account for yourself, even if your troop has attended camp in the past.
- We will send you an invitation email. Click the link in the email to sign in and choose a password.
- Scoutmasters MUST NOT give Scouts or parents their password. Parents and other leaders will be given the opportunity to create their own accounts on ldscamp.org.
- If a Scoutmaster wishes to delegate the responsibility of registration to another person, he should contact us.
Register youth and adults for camp
- Sign in to ldscamp.org. Under the "Camp" menu, select "Register for Camp". On the roster, select "Add Personnel."
- On the next screen, you choose whether this camper has attended camp at any time in the past. Importing campers from previous years saves you time and allows us to provide you with a complete advancement history for that camper.
- Enter the camper's name and date of birth. You'll answer different questions based on whether the camper is 18 years of age on the first day of camp.
- Select the Troop, Position, Shirt size, and Rank (youth only). If a youth is a Life or Eagle Scout, he can be nominated for the Eagle Corps.
- Enter the camper's contact information. For youth, include one or more parent email addresses. We'll invite the camper (or parent of a camper, if a youth) to create an account on ldscamp.org, so make sure the email address is correct. Note that when importing a camper, you cannot change their email address if they have already created an account on ldscamp.org.
- For adults, enter the date they completed BSA Youth Protection Training. This training is required for all adults and can be received at my.scouting.org.
- If an adult is only attending part of the week, check each night the adult will be staying overnight. If an adult is attending every night, leave this section blank. Youth can only be registered for a full week.
- Comments may be entered to provide the camp staff with additional information on this participant.
- After reviewing all information, click "Register." An email will be sent to the camper (or parent, if a youth) inviting them to create an account on ldscamp.org
- As you register each individual, you need to nominate individuals for Eagle Corps and merit badge counselors, when appropriate. You will need to re-nominate individuals each year.
- When you have finished registering everyone, click on the Full Report button to generate the registration report. This report will show everyone from your unit who is registered for camp. Review the information for accuracy. On this report, "Age" refers to the camper's age on the first day of camp. Merit badge counselors and Eagle Corps will show the full fee until they are accepted by the Camp Director. Once they are accepted to teach, their fees will be reduced. Prior to sending in your registration fees, view your registration report one last time to be sure to get the correct fee.
- Information for Personnel, Merit Badge Counselors and Eagle Corps can be changed at any time by returning to the appropriate page, modifying the information listed and clicking on the "Save" button. Note that you cannot change a camper's email address once they have created an account on ldscamp.org.
- Once a person is accepted as a merit badge counselor or as Eagle Corps, they can only be deleted by the Camp Director. This is because they have been assigned and are expected to teach a class. Email the Camp Director to have a person removed.
- Camp fees for 2019:
- Early registration discounts apply to individuals registered online by 11:59pm Apr 30, 2019 along with fees postmarked by May 2, 2019. All registrations after Apr 30 will pay the regular rate.
- Scout — $275.00 [$296.00 after Apr 30]
- Eagle Corps — $160.00 [$180.00 after Apr 30]
- Adults — not teaching MB — $140.00 [$140.00 after Apr 30]
- Staff, Scoutmasters and MB Counselors — $50.00 [$50.00 after Apr 30]
- Adult Daily Rate — $35.00
Your registration report will list your total fees due. Please make out a check payable to Soldier Hill New Jersey Stake and mail to:
2 Van Saun Place
Pompton Plains, New Jersey 07444
Registration fee payments must be postmarked by May 2, 2019 to qualify for the early registration discount.
- Please refer to the separate instructions regarding medical forms and physical exams.
- Please refer to the separate instructions regarding merit badge registration.